Friday, October 15, 2010

Aloha!

Wellll im here, jet lag and all! I was welcomed by my host father, the principal of my school, and another teacher last night at about 2 Am. I received my first real flower lei! the family i am staying with is great! They are housing a lot of different people right now. I am living with two foreign exchange students.. one from japan and one from Germany. They are both in High school. Then they just got two brothers from foster care the are 6 and 7. The one has a birthday tomorrow... we will be celebrating at the beach! So needless to say i have a very generous and loving family but also VERY busy. They are encouraging in the way they love and reach out to everyone. The beauty of Hawaii cannot even be captured on film.. Where i live.. they grow all their own fruits and veggies. Everything is so new to me. There isnt a huge language barrier yet, but my two little brothers will be teaching me pidgin pretty quickly from what i understand. (0:
I am sorry that this is so random but i am very tired and this post is definitely a picture of the scattered feelings right now!

Pictures soon i promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment