Monday, October 25, 2010

acclimate: –verb (used with object), verb (used without object), -mat·ed, -mat·ing. to accustom or become accustomed to a new climate or environment

Wow! its again monday already! Today was a great day at school, i am acclimated for sure. I love what I am doing but most importantly, the people I am working alongside. Just a really quick recap of what I have been up to. Last week we went on a field trip to UH of Hilo to see a man play a harp and tell stories. The WHOLE school went! It was really fun. I also got to experience getting caught in a Hawaiian rain storm with all of my students and no where to go but under a tarp that my co-op brought. Hey we are making memories. This is a picture of some of the kids at the theater.

This weekend I went to a Church called Elevate(http://www.elevatemovement.com/) it was so great, there are lots of young people to connect with. They have some really great things happening there (and if you know me at all youll understand this next statement) the airport is right next door so the planes literally fly directly over head. You feel like you could reach out and touch them! I could most certainly be there all day to watch Hawaiian airlines take off and land. (0:

Yesterday i went to the sound of Music with the principal of the school i am working at. That was REALLY fun. It was at the palace Theater in town. Afterward.. we went to rainbow falls. Just another beautiful asset of Hawaii. I have never seen so many rainbows in my life. Almost everyday, i wake up to a rainbow. What a beautiful signal of God's promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment