Thursday, May 13, 2010

Mexico Blog excerpt

March 11, 2010
Last Day in Mexico

...When we arrived back at Oasis we packed the van and the ladies were preparing lunch for all of us. Paola gave me a pack of tortillas to take home. I just feel like home when I am here. I watched the time closely so I would be able to spend as much time with Mario and Fernando the second they got home from school. I hate that, I had to leave them. I am always scared of people leaving me. It is probably one of my greatest fears in life, and I have to leave the people that mean the most to me. The people that I would never leave if I had a choice. Life is such a crazy thing. Anyway, Justin started getting a rash and needed some ointment out of my bag. We walked down the boys hallway from the living room past all of their bedrooms. At the end of the long hallway, the van was parked right outside of the door. With my back toward the main gate at oasis getting my bag. I heard "Andii!!" from the road. He came home early!! Mario drenched in sweat hugged me and was talking so fast-- translated, "We got out of school early so i asked my teacher to give me a ride. She drove me half way home and I ran the rest. I was afraid you would leave before I got out of school!" Aye! The school is a far distance away even half way is a long way to run. We got an extra bit of time before I had to leave him. I sat sat with him while he ate lunch while he kept asking me "Como estas?" I answered "mal". each time. I hate this part. When eh was finished eating, he motioned to go outside with him. Everyone was outside playing and saying their goodbyes. I loved it so much I was just starting to understand Mario's crazy fast spanish and now I have to leave. Please let me go back Lord. I feel most complete there, I am sooo out of my comfort zone but I love it. I need spanish, i know that you are going to show me the way to learn and be with the boys that I love so much. I'll never forget what You have done to my heart through the people in San Luis.




In case you didn't know,
My prayers have been answered. Following graduation in December 2010 I will be serving as an intern at Oasis boys home in San Luis. I could not be more blessed with this opportunity. It will be a growing and stretching experience but exactly where I am supposed to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment