Thursday, May 13, 2010

Last week together


This is crazy but these are the girls I came into Geneva with. We have remained friends the whole way through the four years. We lived on the freshman floor Clarke 3 we had a bond like no other and will stay friends forever. Four years later it is crazy to see us graduating together.

Note the shirts WE ARE ALUM! Again, all of the girls are from my freshman floor. I love each and everyone on of them!


Krista<3 she was my room mate freshman and Sophomore year. We will always be room mates. She inspires me. love you.

--Caleb, is a friend that went to Mexico this year, he is great! we were talking about what I was feeling about leaving Geneva and the people I have come to love one night. The next morning I woke up to this poem. I didn't want to take credit for it. It is definatly Caleb's work and my feelings. Thanks Caleb!

why am i forced to leave everytime i find love?
whether location or person its taken from above

my father gives great gifts but often takes them away
to insure my faith in Him is always being displayed

i understand the reason for the taking of these gifts
but as they are passing I take some time and reminisce

its the little things that we will most fondly remember
like the girl from Haiti selling Hot coco in December

the comfort of knowing that home was people not just a place
and when my heart was broken youd wipe the tears from my face

the security of everyone being briefly in the same boat
diferent messages or stories but still in the same note

I realize some will stay and others will leave
best friends will lose touch its hard to believe

but i will not dwell on the difficulties of tomorrow
for that is pain for another day that i will not borrow

instead ill say a prayer for those whom are struggling
with the difficult life decisions that their now juggling

and ill thank Him for the strength that helped get us through
but above all else my dear friends i will thank him for you
Caleb Foust

No comments:

Post a Comment