Thursday, May 13, 2010

Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counselors, and the most patient of teachers. ~Charle

Summer reading

There is just something about books that intrigue me. I love the smell of a new book or even a library where all of the books have been read. There is just something about a book that excites my soul. I love stories. I love when people tell me stories, overhearing stories, and of course reading them. I remember sitting for hours on end listing to my Gram tell me stories from her childhood. I know the stories by heart, I could recite them but there is just something about hearing it from someone else. When I was teaching Kindergarten this year, I remember that my co-op always listened to the kids stories in the morning at circle time and finished the time up with reading a story. I love to read and want to pass that on to everyone. I think reading is one of my favorite things about summer. I create a list of books. Some are ones I never read and others are old favorites. I love having time to read other people's stories. Their stories impact me forever and remain a constant friend. One of my main goals is never lose the love of learning. Being a reader guarantees this. (0:
My list is in order of a book I wanted to read for spiritual growth/pleasure followed by a children's book to get acquainted with my classroom library that has been growing like wild fire.

1. Traveling Light -Max Lucado
2. The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe - C.S Lewis
3. Ruthless Trust - Brennan Manning
4. Edward Tulane -Kate Dicamillo
5. Passion and Purity - Elisabeth Elliot
6. Stuart Little - E.B White
7. Lineage of Grace - Francine Rivers
8. A Corner of the Universe -Ann Martin
9. In the Name of Jesus - Henri Nouwen
10. Harold and the Purple Crayon - Crockett Johnson

I'll most likely need more but ill add later if neccesary.

No comments:

Post a Comment